From top-notch health education to groundbreaking lab work and innovative medical trials, every aspect of the important research occurring at University of California, San Francisco relies on regular access to the best equipment and lab supplies.
The UCSF life science marketplace is full of active product users, and is just what lab suppliers need for gaining qualified sales leads in Northern California. However, it can be difficult for researchers to make time for lab purchases during their busy work schedules.
That’s why every year, Biotechnology Calendar Inc. provides a convenient and comfortable venue for UCSF researchers to find the right technology for their laboratories. This long-running show represents a vast life science marketplace for both researchers and lab suppliers, with millions of dollars in funding to be spent on lab supplies every year. As a world-renowned research institution, UCSF is among the highest-subsidized institutions in the nation for life science research, and with over $523 million in awards in FY 2015, is one of the top-funded public institutions by the National Institutes of Health.
Among the most highly funded departments for FY 2015 were:
- Anatomy/Cell Biology - 46 awards for $15.4 million
- Biochemistry - 49 awards for $21.4 million
- Internal Medicine - 336 awards for $179 million
- Neurology - 88 awards for $66 million
- Neurosurgery - 34 awards for $17.9 million
- Pharmacology - 104 awards for $36.5 million
Total awards: 1145 awards for a total of $523,753,117 in NIH funding alone
In addition to the NIH, many other private and public organizations invest heavily in research at the University of California, San Francisco.
- The National Institutes of Health has awarded the UCSF School of Dentistry three research awards totaling nearly $21 million.
- UCSF Life Science R & D Expenditures for FY 2014 exceeded $1 billion.
- The University of California, San Francisco ranks number two in the world in clinical medicine and pharmacy, according to the Academic Ranking of World Universities, second only to Harvard University.
Biotechnology Calendar, Inc. would like to invite lab suppliers to exhibit their products to the various researchers from world-renowned UCSF at one of two UC San Francisco, Biotechnology Vendor Showcase™ Events in 2016.
These popular annual events are a wonderful opportunity to:
- Meet with scientists, clinicians, and other life science specialists from leading UCSF departments.
- Help provide solutions and new perspectives for researcher challenges and equipment/supply needs.
- Establish and nurture connections with researchers and other professionals in the life science industry.
- Access quality leads from decision making professionals, including lab managers, purchasing agents, and PhD researchers.
- Speak with engaged and interested participants face-to-face in one on-campus location rather than relying on phone calls or traveling from lab-to-lab.
Every year this event draws hundreds of UCSF researchers seeking new supplies and equipment for their laboratories. For example, last year the UC San Francisco Biotechnology Vendor Showcase™ attracted 346 researchers from from 24 different research buildings and 44 on-campus departments at UCSF.
Biotechnology Calendar, Inc. would like to invite lab supply companies to exhibit their products to the many interested attendees of this industry-leading event, including:
- Lab managers
- Post docs
- Grad students
- Purchasing agents
- ...and Science Ninjas from all over UCSF.
Early registration rates apply – take advantage of this opportunity to gain brand exposure in the $1billion UCSF marketplace at the…