Spotlight on Science Meetings, Conferences and Events brings you information on the following event: 3rd Annual Biodefense World SummitRead More
Science Researcher Update: Spotlight on Meetings, Conferences, and Events
Conference - Alexandria, Virginia, United States
Biodetection Technologies 2013 - the 21st conference in our Detection Technologies conference series - is an internationally recognized meeting for experts in detection & identification of biological threats and point-of-care analytical methods. This conference will review feedback from the end-users on biodefense and biomedical technologies and explore the cutting-edge in R&D and commercialization efforts in the field, including:
• Point-of-care/clinical applications for pathogen/virus/threat detection and identification
• Rapid/cost-effective/sensitive/selective/reliable detectors for low resource conditions
• Simple, easy-to-use devices for air-, water-, and food borne pathogens without PCR
• End-users, vendors, OEMs, and first-responders perspective and experience from deployed and near deployment stages
• Point-of-care assays for resource limited, lab and clinical settings; mobile labs
• Technological challenges for rapid/early/specific sensitive detection; multi-sensing
• Reagentless vs. reagent biodetection systems
• Use Raman, Mass spectroscopy, LIBS, TRPS and other spectral methods for robust biodetection
• Role of nanotechnology and system miniaturization; MEMS and bioMEMS
• Use of biochip technology; microfluidics
• Advances in microarray and sequencing technologies
• Bioinformatics and forensics for biodefense
• Reducing false positives vs. detector sensitivity
• Field-deployable devices: portability/compatibility/reliability/scalability
• Non-PCR vs. PCR based detection techniques
• Feedback from end-users; issues of sensitivity/testing/evaluation/validation
Visit the conference website.
June 18, 2013 - June 19, 2013
If you'd like to ask a question or post a comment about this talk please do so below.
This seminar posting is brought to you by Biotechnology Calendar, Inc. providing access to research information and research tools for nearly 20 years. Visit our Science Market Update Blog for current science funding and market information or see our schedule of upcoming science research laboratory product shows.