The University of Illinois at Chicago is currently ranked in the top fifty for research institutions in the nation, with numerous deparments ranking in the top 10. Hundreds of researchers work throughout the university, investigating cutting-edge life science topics. In order to provide state-of-the-art research facilities to these leading life scientists, the College of Dentistry at UIC just renovated laboratory space on the first, fourth and fifth floors of the college.
The project, which cost a total of over $9.9M, renovated 14 thousand square feet of existing laboratory space and added an additional 9 thousand square feet. The College of Dentistry at UIC trains researchers and houses scientists conducting research in a variety of areas. Research departments in the College of Dentistry include:
- Wound Healing and Tissue Regeneration
- Oral Biology
- Oral Cancer
- Anthropology and Pharmacology
- Immunology and Microbiology
- Developmental/Craniofacial Biology
- Functional Foods and Natural Products
Along with renovating lab space, the College of Dentistry also received federal funding for both a new dental program and a new research center:
- The National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research (NIDCR) T32 Program will help the university recruit and train scientists for basic, clinical and translational research.
- Center for Clinical and Translational Science (CCTS) will use its funding to increase collaborative research projects.
The University of Illinois at Chicago is ranked third in the state for total life science research funding. This funding comes from public and private donors. In the 2015 fiscal year, the university received more than $100.7 million in funding from the NIH. Some of these well-funded departments at UIC include:
- Pharmacology - $19.4 million
- Internal Medicine/Medicine - $13.3 million
- Public Health and Preventative Medicine - $8.9 million
- Ophthalmology - $6.1 million
- Biochemistry - $5.5 million
Researchers in these departments are eager to obtain the latest innovations in lab equipment. This presents a prime opportunity for lab suppliers looking to market their products to Chicago life science professionals.
Biotechnology Calendar, Inc. has been producing life science trade shows at top research institutions for more than 22 years, and is pleased to be offering the 17th Annual BioResearch Product Faire™ in Chicago on September 22, 2016.
At this event, lab suppliers will be able to:
- Meet one-on-one with over 250 life science researchers in a professional and intimate environment.
- Demonstrate new lab products and technologies to end-users and purchasers.
- Answer researchers' questions and schedule follow-up appointments.
- Gain market visibility and increase brand awareness.
To learn more about participating in the BioResearch Product Faire™ in Chicago, and to read more funding stats for the university, visit the link below:
Researchers in Chicago interested in discovering the best and newest laboratory supplies should visit the link below to learn more about attending this free event and pre-register and save time at the door: