The Texas Medical Center is growing yet again, amid the imminent renovation and expansion of the Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center Campus. (image source: memorialhermann.org)
Memorial Hermann is already quite impressive, with 20,000 employees and 13 hospitals, (4 of which are located at the TMC), and the new additions will almost certainly facilitate the further growth of medical knowledge at the TMC.
As part of the Breaking New Ground Project, Memorial Hermann has garnered more $200 million from philanthropic gifts. The funding includes $150 million for renovation and expansion and $50 million for costs associated with the Texas Trauma Institute.
With expected completion in 2019, the $650 million project will not only advance capabilities in medicine and health research and add many new facets to the facility, but will also provide an additional 1.34 million square feet of building space. This will bring the total area of the Memorial Hermann campus to 3.84 million square feet, and will include:
- 160 additional beds and 71 replacement beds
- 19 replacement operating rooms and 4 new
- 16 additional emergency room bays
- 750 new parking spaces
- A 335-seat café
- Memorial Hermann Texas Trauma Institute and Memorial Hermann Life Flight®
- John S. Dunn Helistop and the dispatch center
- Expansion of the John S. Dunn Burn Center, including seven shelled floors and six shelled operating rooms will be constructed to accommodate future growth with the potential of adding 264 beds.
Other facilities of Memorial Hermann include:
- An acute care hospital which houses the Texas Trauma Institute
- A Level I trauma center
- A children’s hospital
- 2 rehabilitation hospitals
- An orthopedic and spine hospital
- 8 suburban hospitals
- 3 Heart & Vascular Institutes
- The Mischer Neuroscience Institute
- 3 IRONMAN Sports Medicine Institute locations
- Joint replacement centers
- Cancer centers
- Imaging and surgery centers
- Outpatient laboratories
- A chemical dependency treatment center
- A home health agency
- A retirement community
- A nursing home
With so many active facilities, health care professionals and researchers, Texas Medical Center is among the foremost health research hubs in the nation. Furthermore, the TMC conducts more than $150 billion in research annually, making it a fantastic market for lab product sales.
Next year, Biotechnology Calendar, Inc. will host hundreds of these researchers at the 16th Annual BioResearch Product Faire™ at Texas Medical Center, Houston, on January 22, 2016.
This event at The Texas Medical Center attracted 454 attendees last year, from numerous health-related departments and careers. These attendees included 126 purchasing agents, professors and post docs, and 67 lab managers, from 44 different research buildings and 80 on-campus departments at TMC.
To learn more about participating in the impressive and expanding Texas Medical Center marketplace, click the appropriate link below: