UCLA Market Highlights
With annual research expenditures of over $1 billion and one of the largest medical centers in the nation, Los Angeles provides one of the most active, research marketplace opportunities in the nation.
17 Fast Facts about UCLA Marketplace:
- 2012 Life Science R & D Expenditures: 6th Ranked = $712,838,000
- 2011 NIH Funding: 10th Ranked = $356,782,261
- For the 2012 Fiscal Year, the campus received $1.011 billion in sponsored funds.
- UCLA is home to 290 medical research centers.
- UCLA is set to begin the construction of a new medical education building. The new $120 million, six-level, 110,000 square foot Teaching and Learning Center for Health Sciences is a major expansion for the David Geffen School of Medicine.
- UCLA recently received $35 million in new funding to create the new multidisciplinary research Center for Function Accelerated nanoMaterial Engineering (FAME) at the UCLA Henry Samueli School of Engineering and Applied Science. The center aims to revolutionize semiconductor technologies by developing new nanoscale materials and structures that take advantage of properties unavailable at larger scales.
- UCLA received new grants totaling in nearly $21 million from the California's Stem Cell Agency.
- In 2013, the UCLA Clinical and Translational Science Institute received $13.3 million from the National Institutes of Health.
- UCLA Researchers recently received a $10 million autism research grant. The UCLA project will focus on identifying genetic variants linked to autism spectrum disorders, with a special focus on African American families with autistic children.
- UCLA was recently awarded (April 2013) a $9 million contract by the National Institute of Mental Health for an ambitious effort to rapidly study promising new drugs that may help restore normal development and brain function in children with autism spectrum disorders.
- UCLA researchers and their partners across Los Angeles County have been awarded an $11 million federal grant to fund research on stroke prevention in disadvantaged communities.
- Three researchers at UCLA have been awarded a total of $8.7 million in biology grants from the state stem cell agency. Dr. Stanley Nelson was awarded $6 million to develop a therapy for Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy; Dr. Owen Witte and Kathrin Plath were awarded more than $2.7 million dollars in two grants to investigate basic mechanisms underlying stem cell biology and differentiation.
- Researchers at the University of California, Los Angeles received $5.6 million from the National Institutes of Health in 2013 for AIDS malignancy clinical trials.
- UCLA recently received a landmark gift of $5 million to the UCLA School of Dentistry to establish the UCLA Mick and Mary Dragoo Periodontal and Implant Clinical Research and Patient Care Center.
- Researchers at the UCLA School of Dentistry received $3.8 million for the development of a salivary-biomarker approach to identify individuals at future risk of developing post-traumatic stress disorder and depression after a traumatic event.
- UCLA received $1 million from a Beverly Hills film executive in order to support the UCLA Department of Neurosurgery's brain cancer research.
- UCLA recently launched the new Children's Discovery and Innovation Institute. The new institute will drive multidisciplinary research collaborations focused on children's health and disease and will help speed the translation of groundbreaking pediatric research findings into clinical practice.
10 Recent UCLA Market Opportunity Articles:
- Sell Lab Supplies at $1 Billion UCLA Marketplace
- Register Early for UCLA Life Science Marketing Event
- Life Science Marketing News Summary
- UCLA launches innovative crowdfunding platform to support research
- New Stem Cell Grants Awarded to Two UCLA Researchers
- UCLA Researchers Develop Cytometry Process to Diagnose Cancer
- Life Science Researchers at UCLA Use Nanotechnology to Fight Cancer
- Life Science Market News Helps with Marketing and Sales
- California Life Science Events Information Resource
- $5.3M in New NIH Funding for UCLA and UCD Autism Research Centers
Upcoming on campus Biotechnology Vendor Showcase event draws 500+ research professionals annually
Research Professionals in the Los Angeles area and Lab Equipment Suppliers are invited to participate on the UCLA campus at the:
University of California, Los Angeles
Attendance is free for Los Angeles Life Science Professionals.
If you are a Los Angeles area research professional or life science company representative you are invited to participate in this informative research event:
If you are a university researcher, professor, post doc, or purchasing agent looking to attend the next event, you may pre-register by following the "Researchers" button on the right. You will find valuable resources that will help you publish your next event, network with life science professionals, and keep in touch with your university's latest updates.
- Principle Investigators
- Purchasing agents
- Lab directors
- Lab managers
- Active researchers
- Research technicians
- Research associates
- Program administrators grad students
All are invited to:
- See new lab products, analytical equipment, and learn about new research techniques.
- Network with other researchers and outside science professionals.
- Get creative ideas when you take a break from your normal routine.
- Enjoy our high quality catered buffet, and learn about the latest developments in science. Our tradeshows are designed to make your experience as relaxed and simple as possible.
Lab suppliers are invited to participate in this on campus event for the following benefits:
- Get top of mind awareness
- Demonstrate your products
- Get your lab equipment cited in current research
- Participate in an Innovative Academic Market
Lab suppliers can spotlight their participation through the following free publicity opportunities
- 1000 - 4500 Corporate Impressions On-Campus
- Company Name in Bold Text
- 1000 - 4500 Seminar Announcements
- 1000 - 4500 Door Prize Announcements
- Company Listed on Event Website
- Company URL Linked on Event Website
- Email Invitations Linked to Event Website
Lab suppliers can make it easy for researchers to do business with their company
- Advertise research products with a 8' x 8" marketing display "window"
- Demonstrate equipment and supplies on 8' tabletop
- Educate researchers with literature and handouts
- Distribute free product samples
- Answer researchers questions
- Determine best fit for product leads
- Set follow- up appointments
Lab suppliers can meet with crowds of LA researchers
Last year, the BioResearch Product Faire™ at the University of California - Los Angeles attracted 626 attendees. Of these attendees, 152 were purchasing agents, professors and post docs, and 79 were lab managers. These attendees came from 41 different research buildings and 81 on campus departments.
Participate in an Innovative Academic Market
The University of California in Los Angeles is a top-tier research institution with a demand for laboratory supplies and research products. Ready to demo your lab products? Click below!
At Biotechnology Calendar, Inc.'s premium events, exhibitors will find the opportunity to showcase their products and services in a receptive academic marketplace. Besides a booth for on-site promotion, exhibitors will also receive extensive print and online advertising for their company. For more information, please contact us at Contact Us