Biotechnology Calendar, Inc. selects a winner for our Five Star Program at the end of every event we organize. The criteria for this selection reflects who we believe came to the event prepared to exhibit, engaged with attendees in a friendly and interested manner and showed remarkable salesmanship skills in working to meet researchers and market life science products. Five Star Winners are great communicators, act professionally and conduct demonstrations. Their exhibits are also visually stimulating and stand out from the competition. These sales reps draw large crowds to their booths and promote their company’s message in an engaging way.
Many of the best sales reps at Biotechnology Calendar, Inc. shows come to our events prepared with a set of questions to engage researchers with as conversation starters. Five Star Winners are generally great listeners and take genuine interest in what researchers tell them about their work, so they can find the right questions to ask based on the flow of the conversation. They are able to help researchers find which products are missing in their research process.
The most successful sales reps also set measurable goals for each event. Perhaps each sales rep will have a goal of having in-depth conversations with eight researchers every hour and taking down the contact information for five quality leads each hour. At the end of the show, a sales rep can reflect on whether or not they met their goal for each hour they exhibited at the show, which hours were the most successful and which hour was the least successful. Evaluating their performance allows lab suppliers to readjust and strengthen what strategies worked and give more attention to the strategies that didn't work. This allows sales reps to achieve a steady stream of leads. By setting measurable goals, sales reps have a greater chance of succeeding at what they set out to do at an event.
Biotechnology Calendar, Inc. life science marketing events
Some of the criteria Biotechnology Calendar, Inc. keep in mind when selecting Five Star Winners include:
- Sales professionalism
- Start-to-finish interactive presence
- Popularity with researcher attendees
- Friendly approach and eye contact
- Effective, attractive table displays
- Accessible, engaging booth staff
Each Five Star Winner receives a framed certificate, a post on our website with their company’s logo and a link to their company’s website, an e-mail sent out to all of our vendors announcing their award, and a blog article highlighting their outstanding performance working to sell meet researchers and market life science products. Exhibitors who win multiple Five Star Awards at our life science marketing events have a better chance of being selected as the overall Five Star Winner at the end of the year.
Biotechnology Calendar, Inc. is very excited to announce this past month’s Five Star Winners at our life science marketing events. Click here to see a full list of our 2013 life science marketing events. Congratulations to the winners for your outstanding sales skills and working to meet researchers and market life science products!
- Felix Osorio of CyBio at the BioResearch Product Faire™ Event at the University of Texas, Austin on 9/18/2013.
- Josh Klebba of Qiagen, Inc. at the Rochester BioResearch Product Faire™ Event on 9/25/2013
- Jonathan Meade of GenHunter Corp. at the BioResearch Product Faire™ Event at the University of Minnesota, Twin Cities on 9/26/2013
- Tina Bayer of Enzo Life Sciences, Inc. at the BioResearch Product Faire™ Event at Columbia University on 10/1/2013
- Jon Moulton of Gene Tools, LLC at the BioResearch Product Faire™ Event at Rockefeller University on 10/2/2013
- Dennis Fisher of LGC Genomics at the BioResearch Product Faire™ Event at Stony Brook University on 10/3/2013
Congratulations, 5-Star Winners! We hope to see you again soon.