With a long history of making fundamental contributions to the life sciences, Rockefeller University is one of the most powerful research universities in the United States. The university is credited with the discovery that DNA transmits hereditary information, the modernization of cell biology with the introduction of electron microscopes in biological research, the development of influenza immunization, and the discovery of the connection between cholesterol and heart disease. Funded by a variety of sources, Rockefeller receives support from endowment income, philanthropic donations and research grants.
Researchers at Rockefeller University work in 75 cutting-edge laboratories conducting analytical lab work in a variety of fields. Below is a list of some of the research areas scientists work within at Rockefeller University:
- Chemical and Structural Biology
- Neurosciences and Behavior
- Genetics and Genomics
- Organismal Biology, Evolution, Ethology and Ecology
- Immunology, Virology and Microbiology
- Physical, Mathematical and Computational Biology
- Medical Sciences, Systems Physiology & Human Genetics
- Stem Cells, Development, Regeneration
- Molecular and Cell Biology
Rocekefeller University Life Science Vendor Show
Biotechnology Calendar, Inc.’s Rockefeller life science vendor show offers you the opportunity to meet researchers and professionals from 24 different research buildings and 65 on-campus departments. Biotechnology Calendar, Inc. has been in the business of organizing quality marketing events with on-campus contacts for over twenty years. Last year, 513 attendees came to the Rockefeller event. Of these attendees, 160 (over 30%) were qualified leads such as purchasing agents, professors, post docs and lab managers.
When you exhibit with Biotechnology Calendar, Inc., you stand out from your competitors by bringing your brand directly to campus and meeting face-to-face with decision-makers. BCI’s longstanding reputation with researchers at Rockefeller University benefits lab suppliers with crowds of attendees and a higher percentage of potential leads than you would find at other vendor shows.
You may be asking yourself, what makes Rockefeller University the best market to focus my efforts on? University funding is an important factor to consider when thinking about what markets to work within in your goals of advertising lab products and increasing lab sales. Rockefeller University receives a large influx of new research grants every year. Consider the following funding statistics for the university:
- So far in 2014, Rockefeller University has received $62.2 million from the NIH.
- The department receiving the most funding from the NIH in 2014 is biology with 28 awards totaling $19 million.
- In 2013, Rockefeller University was ranked in the top 100 universities receiving NIH funding, having received $61.4 million. Clearly, funding is on the rise at Rockefeller as the university has already surpassed this number for 2014.
- Rockefeller’s life science R&D expenditures were $276 million in 2012, the 45th highest in the United States.
- The university has $1.7 billion in endowments.
If you are a lab supplier and you would like to take advantage of the growing amount of funding at Rockefeller University, Biotechnology Calendar, Inc. invites you to exhibit at the BioResearch Product Faire™ Event at Rockefeller University on October 1st, 2014. Don’t miss this valuable opportunity to market your lab products and increase lab sales within a powerful, $1.7 billion research marketplace.
The BioResearch Product Faire™ Event at Rockefeller University is a semi-annual event, and there will be another chance to exhibit on March 26th, 2015. This 2015 event is the perfect opportunity to ask researchers about their needs for the $240 million, 160,000 square foot research building in late stages of planning at Rockefeller University.
For more information on life science vendor shows in other regions of the country, see the 2015 calendar of events. Click on the button below for comprehensive funding statistics on Rockefeller University and more Rockefeller event information.