We're very pleased to announce the newest addition to the Biotechnology Calendar, Inc. Front Line Event Calendar: on November 2 of this year (2011) we will hold our 1st Annual BioResearch Product Faire show on the campus of the University of Texas at Austin (UTA). Front Line events have been extremely popular since we introduced them in 2010 as an alternative to our larger expositions, typically for a special request venue or a more targeted audience. In the case of UT Austin we're venturing onto a campus without a medical school (yet), though that hasn't prevented the University from being a huge recipient of federal research grants.
And as you might expect from the flagship "public ivy" Texas institution, UTA is well on its way to establishing its own medical school. Just last year it opened the $100M Dell Pediatric Research Institute (below right), a state-of-the-art medical research facility to study childhood diseases and improve pediatric care in Central Texas. The Pediatric Research Institute is located next door to the Dell Children's Medical Center, and it's only a matter of time now before UT's medical research complex houses an associated medical school.
Impressive facts about UT-Austin:
- Of the $16.11 billion endowment available to the University of Texas system, Austin's share is $7.2 billion, making it the largest endowment of any public university in the country.
- Reached $642 million in research funding last year.
- Has more than 150 research units.
- Holds close to 800 patents based on its research.
- $14.3M income generated on technology patents.
- Is part of a research consortium receiving $12.6 million to significantly expand the discovery of new cancer therapies and drugs.
- Is one of only 2 public universities in the U.S. having a triple-A credit rating with all of the top three credit rating agencies.
- Manages approximately 300 acres of biological field laboratories.
- Runs one of the world's fastest supercomputers and one of the most powerful lasers.
Biotechnology Calendar, Inc. invites you to join us in the Texas capitol on November 2, 2011 when we bring bioresearch scientists and life science equipment professionals together at this cozy Austin BioResearch Product Faire Front Line Event on the UT campus. Click the box below for more information, and visit our website for information on our 2012 calendar, which we've just posted.