Life science researchers in San Francisco are invited to attend the upcoming 24th Annual Biotechnology Vendor Showcase™ Event at the University of California, San Francisco Parnassus Campus on Thursday, June 4, 2015, from 10:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
This Biotechnology Vendor Showcase™ Event provides a great opportunity for lab managers, PI's, researchers, grad students, post-docs, purchasing agents, professors, and other lab staff to meet with sales reps from a wide variety of lab supply companies to discover new products that will benefit your labs and research. Take a break from your research and come out to the event to see what is new in the world of life science supplies, get your questions answered, and learn about new options available.
Researchers at the event are able to:
Learn about new lab supplies and technologies that are available to help further their work.
STAY UPDATED ON SAN FRANCISCO AREA LIFE SCIENCE RESEARCH:
- Meet with companies who already supply your lab to see what new products they have available and discover new companies that have supplies that will benefit your lab work, or have supplies you never knew you needed but that will come in handy in the future.
- Compare products, prices and brands to learn about what products best fit your needs and funding.
- Express product concerns, ask questions, and get quick responses.Save lab time in the future by meeting with numerous lab suppliers in one place, instead of meeting with them individually in your lab, while you're trying to work.
- Schedule equipment demos with companies from the event so your lab can decide what equipment is the most needed.
- Network with fellow researchers from different departments and buildings across campus to learn about other research being conducted at your university.
- Connect with industry professionals with access to decades of life science knowledge and education, and establish new professional contacts for your future.
- Publish your work sooner by saving lab time and finding more efficient solutions to your work.
- Network with more than 250 other San Francisco area researchers to learn about their work. The 23rd Annual Event in June 2014 attracted 214 attendees from 54 research departments and 26 on-campus buildings. With such a wide variety of departments and buildings represented, this event provides a great environment to interact with other researchers and make new connections while learning about what different labs have been working on.
Attend a life science seminar
The following 3 seminars will be presented during the event, providing you with the opportunity to learn even more about products and techniques that can be used to further your lab work.
- 11 am: SmartFlare™ RNA Probes: Live Cell Biomarker Detection for Imaging and Sorting, presented by Antonia Livolsi, Ph.D, Research Application Scientist
- 1 pm: Determining the mechanism of toxicity, presented by Jay Amin, Field Application Specialist
- 2 pm: Tools for chromatin analysis in cellular differentiation and reprogramming—Roles of non-coding RNAs, presented by Antonia Livolsi, Ph.D, Research Application Scientist
Come for the science, stay for the fun
Along with finding new supplies, everyone who attends will also have the chance to win door prizes, collect giveaway items and enjoy a complimentary lunch.
- Enjoy a complimentary buffet of muffins, sandwiches, pizza, fruit and veggies, coffee and lemonade.
- Pick-up a fun door prize before you head back to your lab.
- Enter to win an iPad Mini.
- Arrive early and grab your very own #ScienceNinja t-shirt (first come, first served).
- Come after 1:00 p.m. and have the chance to take home a #ScienceNinja lab coat.
SAVE THE DATE: Thursday, June 4, 2015 from 10:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
To learn more about this event, and to pre-register to save time at the door, visit the link below:
Lab suppliers interested in displaying their products in the San Francisco area marketplace are encouraged to learn more about this upcoming event. Visit the following link to learn more: