Biotechnology Calendar, Inc. invites all lab suppliers, biotechnology vendors and life science researchers to attend the 16th annual Georgetown BioResearch Product Faire™ Event on May 1st, 2015.
Demonstrate Your Research Products to Georgetown University Researchers
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE GEORGETOWN RESEARCH MARKETPLACE:
Georgetown University’s School of Medicine and Biomedical Graduate Research Organization boasts more than 400 scientists working on basic and clinical research projects, with more than 300 clinical trials underway. There are many research departments working on projects spanning all aspects of the life sciences. Some of these departments include:
- Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- Cell Biology
- Microbiology and Immunology
- Physics and Biophysics
Last year, the BioResearch Product Faire™ Event at Georgetown University attracted nearly 100 attendees. Of these attendees, nearly 40 were purchasing agents, professors, post docs, and lab managers. These attendees came from 9 different research buildings and 18 on-campus departments.
Market to a Growing Research Marketplace
Georgetown University is a growing research institution that receives millions of dollars annually in the form of grants, awards and donations from the NIH, NSF, and other private and public donors.
Key Funding Stats
- 2012 Life Science R & D Expenditures: $150M
- 2014 NIH Funding: $46M. Departments that received large portions of this funding are:
- Medicine and Internal Medicine: $32M
- Biochemistry: $2M
- Neurosciences: $2M
- Pathology: $1M
- Biology: $1M
- The National Cancer Institute awarded Georgetown a $1.3 million grant for a project titled: "Comparative Modeling: Informing Breast Cancer Control Practice & Policy"
- The National Institutes of Health awarded a Georgetown chemistry professor a five-year $4.75 million grant to identify combinations of two or more drugs that will work effectively against current strains of drug-resistant malaria.
Biotechnology Calendar, Inc. is a full-service science research marketing and event-planning company that organizes life science events and trade shows at top quality research universities across the country. If you’d like to learn more about life science marketing at other life science events held at universities with available life science funding, we encourage you to view our 2015 calendar of events.
For more information about exhibiting lab products at the upcoming Georgetown BioResearch Product Faire™ Event, or to view more funding statistics for Georgetown University, click on the button below.