Spotlight on Science Meetings, Conferences and Events brings you information on the following event: Protein Aggregation in Health and Disease
The intent of this meeting is to bring together scientists working on biophysical and biological aspects of protein aggregation and connect physical understand of aggregation to its biological consequences in post mitotic cells.
This conference will contain a range of topics including:
- Discussing of emerging technologies to study protein aggregation in vitro and in cells
- Advancements in our understanding of cellular stresses induced by protein aggregation
- Our ability to target the stress response pathways therapeutically as a route to finding cures for devastating neurological and systemic diseases
- Routes that connect aggregation mechanisms and specific aggregates to disease
- Methods to target aggregation or particular species in order to cure disease
- The emerging synergy between protein aggregation and phase separation in the context of form liquid-like membraneless bodies within cells
- The functional role of protein aggregates, a theme that continues to be paradigm shifting in biology.
- An integrative view of protein aggregation and the impact it has on health and disease.
The cross-disciplinary nature of the conference is accentuated by the program, which brings together biophysicists, structural biologists, and bioengineers with cell biologists and clinical scientists.
The Steamboat Grand Hotel
Steamboat Springs, Colorado
Sunday, June 11 2017, to Friday, June 16, 2017