Texas, along with being the largest state in the continental U.S., has some of the top research institutions in the country. These institutions receive millions of dollars annually in life science funding, produce world-class research, and publish influential research papers. Two of these world-renowned research institutions include Texas A&M University and the Texas Medical Center.
These two institutions have hundreds of life science researchers actively working on many ongoing research projects. Projects range from biology to chemistry, and from cancer research to agriculture, to name a few. With so many researchers from different labs investigating such a variety of fields, it can be hard for the researchers to get too far away from their labs to find the supplies they need to move forward with their work.
Biotechnology Calendar, Inc. hosts prominent life science events at two of the top research institutions in Texas each year. These BioResearch Product Faire™ Events bring together active, highly-funded scientists with companies able to supply these researchers with the best and newest tools available to further their research.
Coming up in January, 2016 are 2 premiere BioResearch Product Faire™ Events in Texas, providing ample opportunity for laboratory suppliers to market lab supplies to more than 600 active researchers at Texas A&M University and the Texas Medical Center.
Lab suppliers who attend these Texas events are able to:
Demonstrate products to both purchasing agents and end-users.
Answer questions, pass out samples, and discuss research projects to explain why your supplies are needed.
Schedule follow-up appointments with top lead prospects to further their understanding of the benefits of using your products and services.
Gain brand exposure in the academic marketplace while nurturing new and existing leads.
Network with scientists from all life science fields, and with reps from a wide variety of laboratory supply companies.
Texas A&M University - January 20, 2016
Texas A&M University in College Station is a growing research institution with a wide range and variety of life science departments and programs. These research programs including biological and agricultural engineering, biomedical sciences, agri-genomics, and vascular biology, to name a few.
The 15th Annual BioResearch Product Faire™ Event at Texas A&M University will be held on Wednesday, January 20, 2016. Ranked in the top 50 nationally for total R&D expenditures in 2013 with over $299 million, TAMU is a leader in life science research. More than 150 researchers are expected to attend the 2016 premiere life science community event to learn about new products available. In 2014, researchers came from 38 different academic departments and 28 on-campus research buildings.
Texas A&M University Funding:
- 2014 NIH Funding - $38,233,591
- Texas A&M University is constructing a new $120 million building as part of the College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, expected to be completed in 2016.
- Texas A&M University will be awarded a series of grants totaling $176 million over a 5 year period. Over an expected lifetime of 25 years, the federal contract to create a center for Innovation in Advanced Development and Manufacturing is likely worth $1.5 to $2 million.
- Texas A&M University will be awarded a series of grants totaling $176 million over a 5 year period. Over an expected lifetime of 25 years, the federal contract to create a Center for Innovation in Advanced Development and Manufacturing is likely worth $1.5 to $2 billion.
To learn more about participating in the upcoming College Station BioResearch Product Faire™ Event, visit the link below:
Texas Medical Center, Houston - January 22, 2016
The Texas Medical Center in Houston is the largest medical complex in the world, consisting of 21 renowned hospitals, 13 support organizations, 8 academic and research institutions, 6 nursing programs, 3 public health organizations, 3 medical schools, 2 universities, 2 pharmacy schools, and 1 dental school.
The 16th Annual BioResearch Product Faire™ Event will take place at the Texas Medical Center on Friday, January 22, 2016. This popular event provides laboratory suppliers with the opportunity to meet face-to-face with over 450 life science researchers in one place in just a matter of hours. At the 2015 event, 80 different academic departments and 44 on-campus buildings were represented as researchers learned about the best new products available to use in their labs.
Texas Medical Center Funding:
- University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center, $658,847,000 research expenditure budget
- Baylor College of Medicine, $508,799,000 research expenditure budget
- University of Texas Southwestern Medical, $440,620,000 research expenditure budget
To learn more about participating in the Houston BioResearch Product Faire™ Event, visit the link below: