image credit: "Roch qhill" by Phthalogreen - Wikimedia Commons
An upcoming trip to Rochester, Minnesota to meet some of the nation’s leading life science researchers doesn’t have to be all business…
When you’re not busy promoting your products to researchers from Mayo Clinic and surrounding facilities at the 10th Annual BioResearch Product Faire™ Event, you can check out what else Rochester has to offer.
For your pre- or post-event pleasure, we’ve compiled a list of great ways to spend your time in Rochester.
5 Fun Things to Do in Rochester:
- Take in some culture at the Rochester Arts Center. This gorgeous museum features galleries full of contemporary and local art, educational exhibits, plus walking tours. Bonus: admission to all galleries is free on Thursdays, which happens to be the day of the show!
- Get wild at the Quarry Hill Nature Center. This beautiful attraction is located in 320-acre Quarry Hill Park, often referred to as the "Jewel" of the Rochester Park system. Formerly the site of Rochester State Hospital, the center features federal bird banding, cave tours, and has free admission year round.
- Have a sip (or a glass...or a bottle) at the Salem Glen Vineyard. This family-owned and operated boutique winery specializes in small batches of wine made from regionally grown grapes. Stop in for a wine tasting, take part in a free public tour, or even join their Salem Glen Stars wine club for bottles delivered to your door.
- Learn a little something at the Mayo Clinic Historical Suite. In close proximity the event venue, the "friendship galleries" in the Mayo Historical Suite are situated on the third floor of the Plummer Building in Rochester. Originally housing the general surgeons' offices and the offices of Drs. William J. and Charles H. Mayo, the suite is now a museum that displays Mayo family memorabilia, medical instruments, and artifacts.
- Grab a bite to eat at Chester’s Kitchen and Bar. Make a lasting impression by treating your best lead to a steak dinner at this modern restaurant, featuring upscale American fare & cocktails in a stylish venue - with patio seating. Offering everything from filet mignon to jambalaya, this upscale eatery has a tasty option for every palate.
Now that you know what else to do in Rochester, isn’t it time to make arrangements to attend the area’s premier life science event? Lab vendors interested in meeting hundreds of researchers from Mayo Clinic and the Rochester area will be exhibiting at the 10th Annual BioResearch Product Faire™ Event on May 21, 2015. This popular annual event is the area’s best opportunity for vendors of biotechnology and lab products to market directly to active scientists in the Rochester marketplace.
Last year, the BioResearch Product Faire™ event in Rochester, Minnesota attracted scores of attendees, including 38 purchasing agents, professors and post docs, and 15 lab managers from 12 different research buildings and 36 on-campus departments at Mayo Clinic.
Key funding stats from Mayo Clinic:
- The Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN is currently working on expanding the Saint Mary's Hospital, a $72.1 million project that is expected to be completed in 2016.
- Mayo Clinic is a multi-billion dollar marketplace for medical research. In 2012 Mayo Clinic reported an annual revenue of $8.8 billion.
- The Mayo Clinic recently received $585 million in government funding for the new Destination Medical Center which will house, among other facilities, a massive radiation treatment center.
Don’t be fooled by imitator’s shows, Biotechnology Calendar Inc. events are the only shows that offer:
- Concierge service to allow you ease, comfort and the most possible setup time.
- Full-service marketing support, including extensive blog and social media coverage and up to 4500 pre-show ad placements.
- Energetic shows in an academic atmosphere, full of high quality, decision-making leads.
For more information about promoting your products directly to researchers at the 10th Annual BioResearch Product Faire click here>>
Sponsorship opportunities are available for this and other popular Biotechnology Calendar, Inc. events- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 530-272-6675. View current list of sponsors