Lab suppliers have the opportunity to exhibit at Biotechnology Calendar Inc.’s 6th Annual St. Paul Front Line Event™ on May 21st, 2014. This event, held on campus at the University of Minnesota, St. Paul, allows lab suppliers to interact face-to-face with life science researchers on campus. This is a great opportunity for life science lab suppliers to increase sales and brand exposure by networking with receptive researchers.
Consider the following funding statistics about the University of Minnesota, Twin Cities, which applies to both the Minneapolis and St. Paul Campuses:
- In FY 2012, the University of Minnesota received over $257 million in new NIH research grants.
- At the time of this post, the University of Minnesota has received over $255 million in NIH research grants this year.
- The University of Minnesota's Academic Health Center is a $1.2 billion organization.
- The University of Minnesota, Twin Cities is ranked 9th among public research institutions in the National Science Foundation Survey of Research and Development Expenditures.
A look at our 2012 St. Paul Front Line™ Event
The $255 million dollars in new NIH grants awarded so far in 2013 were distributed among various life science departments at the University of Minnesota. See the list below for funding statistics for some of the top-funded departments. For a full list of departments receiving NIH funding at the University of Minnesota organized by department name, number of awards received and total funding awarded, please visit the NIH website.
2013 NIH-Funded Life Science Departments at the University of Minnesota
- Biochemistry – 34 awards, $10.7 million
- Biostatistics – 10 awards, $29.5 million
- Internal Medicine/Medicine – 67 awards, $32.5 million
- Pathology – 29 awards, $11.8 million
- Pediatrics – 48 awards, $25.9 million
- Public Health and Prev. Medicine – 43 awards, $20.2 million
Interact With Well-Funded Life Science Departments at Our 2014 St. Paul Front Line Event™
At our St. Paul Front Line™ Event, lab suppliers can experience face-to-face interaction with post docs, lab managers and purchasing agents from 20 departments at the University of Minnesota, St. Paul. Researchers at the University of Minnesota are actively looking for new lab products for their ongoing research, and our Front Line™ Event is the perfect place to meet them. There is still time to register for this event that will be taking place on May 21st, 2014.
In 2012, the St. Paul Front Line™ Event attracted 71 attendees, of which 21 were professors, post docs and purchasing agents. Of the total attendees 13 were lab managers. The balance was research associates and postgraduate students. These attendees came from 17 different research buildings and 20 departments around campus.
A booth at our 2012 St. Paul Front Line™ Event
If you are a lab supplier looking to increase sales and drive traffic to your company, look no further than Biotechnology Calendar Inc.’s 6th Annual St. Paul Front Line™ Event on May 21st, 2014. Click the preceding link to learn more information about this event, or register below.
Biotechnology Calendar, Inc. is a full service science research marketing and event-planning company that organizes life science marketing events at top research universities across the country. To view more detailed funding statistics on the University of Minnesota, click on the button below. If you’re interested in generating life science sales leads and would like to sell lab equipment at events closer to home, we encourage you to view our 2014 calendar of events.