Lab suppliers can interact with researchers, promote their company, and increase brand exposure when they exhibit on campus with Biotechnology Calendar, Inc. at our 2014 Urbana-Champaign BioResearch Product Faire™.
Consider these statistics about the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign:
- In FY 2012, the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign received over $71 million in new NIH research grants.
- At the time of this writing, the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign has received over $58 million in NIH research grants this year.
- The University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign ranks 15th in public universities and 47th in national universities, according to 2011 U.S. News & World Report
- The University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign is classified as comprehensive medical/veterinary doctoral with very high research activity by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching.
The University of Illinois, Urbana Champaign campus, courtesy of Wikimedia Commons
The $71 million dollars in new NIH grants awarded in 2012 were distributed among various life science departments at the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign. See the list below for funding statistics for some of the top-funded departments. For a full list of departments receiving NIH funding at the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign organized by department name, number of awards received and total funding awarded, visit the NIH website.
2012 NIH-Funded Life Science Departments at the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign
- Anatomy/Cell Biology – 13 awards, $3.4 million
- Biochemistry – 20 awards, $7.4 million
- Chemistry – 26 awards, $6.8 million
- Microbiology/Immunology/Virology – 13 awards, $3.7 million
- Physiology – 10 awards, $3.4 million
- Psychology – 17 awards, $4.7 million
- Veterinary Sciences – 18 awards, $4.6 million
Interact With Well-Funded Life Science Departments at Our 2014 Urbana-Champaign Bioresearch Product Faire™
At our Urbana-Champaign BioResearch Product Faire™ Event, lab suppliers can experience face-to-face interaction with post docs, lab managers, and purchasing agents from 42 departments at the University of Illinois, UC. Researchers at the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign are actively looking for new lab products for their ongoing research, and you can meet them face-to-face and on campus at our Urbana-Champaign BioResearch Product Faire™. There is still time to register for this event that is taking place on April 30th, 2014.
Last year, our Urbana-Champaign BioResearch Product Faire™ attracted 282 attendees, of which 53 were professors and post docs. Of the total attendees 24 were lab managers. The balance was research associates and postgraduate students.
Our 2012 Urbana-Champaign BioResearch Product Faire™ Event
If you are a lab supplier looking to increase sales and drive traffic to your company, look no further than Biotechnology Calendar Inc.’s 13th Annual Urbana-Champaign BioResearch Product Faire™ Event on April 30th, 2014. Click the preceding link to learn more information about this event, or register below.
Biotechnology Calendar, Inc. is a full service science research marketing and event-planning company that organizes life science marketing events at top research universities across the country. To view more detailed funding statistics on the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, click on the button below. If you’re interested in generating life science sales leads and would like to sell lab equipment at life science marketing events closer to home, we encourage you to view our 2013 calendar of events or our 2014 calendar.