Just How Big is the Research Market at UC Davis?
If you are in the Lab equipment sales market, we encourage you to take a moment to consider the Davis California marketplace.
For a small city in the heart of California's agricultural empire UC Davis research program packs a pretty significant punch. Consider the following fun facts for UC Davis life science research:
NSF 2012 Ranking: UC Davis Medical Center ranked 19th in Life Science and had Life Science Research Expenditures of $517,086,000 
NIH 2012 Ranking: 29th (Direct plus indirect costs but excluding R & D contracts and ARRA awards) = $185,824,385 
- In 2013, The University of California, Davis Health System received over $200 million in external research funding. 
- UC Davis as part of a consortium received $34 million from the National Institutes of Health to develop new mouse models of diseases such as cancer, obesity and diabetes, in order to find better ways of preventing and treating these diseases 
- In 2013, the University of California, Davis received $180.6 million in NIH research grants 
- UC Davis has almost 1,000 basic science, translational and clinical research studies in progress, all made possible through state and federal funding as well as grants and funding from private foundations; pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries and philanthropic donations. 
- In July of 2012, UC Davis researchers were granted $53 million in awards towards stem cell research and development and to bring results to the clinical trial phase. $20 million of this funding is allocated towards Huntington's disease. 
- UC Davis researchers were awarded a $20 million grant to refine stem cell therapy for osteoporosis sufferers and to run clinical trials for a period of 4 years to determine the therapy's efficacy. 
- The University of California, Davis Cancer Center provides 225 scientists with $99 million in research funding to improve cancer care through better detection and new therapies. 
- UC Davis received a $9.3 million grant to open the West Coast Metabolomics Center, a high tech consortium of various labs which will assist in the development of treatments for diabetes, cancer and atherosclerosis. The facility is housed within the UC Davis Genome Center and opened in October of 2012. 
For more stats go to: http://lab.biotech-calendar.com/ucdmc-exhibitor
Join us this February for the Sacramento BioResearch Product Faire™ Event at UC Davis Med Center:
Last year this event attracted 159 active researchers. Of these participants, 44 registerd as purchasing agents, professors and post docs, while 18 were registerd as lab managers. The attendees came from 17 different research buildings and 32 departments around campus. Our life science marketing events take place in just a few short hours. In the time you would have spent canvassing the University of California, Davis campus hoping to talk to researchers, you can instead follow up on leads with a complete list of event attendees double-checked for accuracy to save you time.
See our past article listing 2012 NIH-Funded Life Science Departments at U.C. Davis
To meet face to face with researchers at the annual UC Davis Med Center BioResearch Product Faire™ event on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 go to UC Davis Main Page and click exhibit now button. http://lab.biotech-calendar.com/ucdmc-exhibitor
More Northern California Markets:
If you are interested in the opportunity in Northern California, view this short video: