Laboratory chemicals and laboratory supplies are expected to be in demand at the upcoming 2012 Summer UCSD Biotechnology Vendor Showcase™ product Show.
Each year this high energy San Diego area event held at the University of California at San Diego and produced by Biotechnology Calendar, Inc. draws an enthusiastic following of top-level, and well funded research scientists. This year the Biotechnology Vendor Showcase™ Event at the University of California, San Diego is expected to attract over 700 university scientists who will be there to actively seek new products and services for their life science research programs.
Last spring this UCSD event attracted over 750 academic researchers seeking new and improved technologies for their ongoing research programs. Exhibitor’s surveys from the 2011 Biotechnology Vendor Showcase revealed that on average, 124 researchers viewed products at each booth and/or viewed product demonstrations. Of those visits, exhibitors reported an average of 29 researchers showed significant purchasing interest in the products that were being offered by that exhibitor.
Recent developments a UCSD are desribed in these 7 recent Science Market Update Articles
- $12M Stem Cell Research Funding Newly Awarded to UCSD Biomedical Scientists
- UCSD and Scripps Awarded $10.2M Grant for Optical Disease Research and Therapeutics
- UCSD Life Science Innovator Research Space One of Many New Building Projects
- UCSD Science Lab Building to Open in March at Scripps + 2nd To Follow
- UCSD Bioscience Research Creates Flashy Synchronized Bacterial Sensors
- Research Scientists Awarded National Medal of Science
- Biomedical Research Facilities News at UCSD: Stem Cell and Genomics Buildings
Considering that on the UCSD campus inn 2011, UC San Diego received close to $960M in scientific research endowments.Expenditures for the entire university totaled $3,007,186,000 it is no surprise that
Currently UCSD has some of the most expansive biomedical building development programs in the world. Recently completed and ongoing construction projects include the following:
- UC San Diego Sulpizio Cardio Vascular Center open in 2011 this 128,000sq ft buildiing cost nearly $228 million dollars.
- Medical Education and Telemedicine Center open in 2011 this 132,000sq ft buildiing cost nearly $70 million dollars.
- Center for Advanced Laboratory Medicine open in 2011 this 132,000sq ft buildiing cost nearly $28 million dollars.
- Sanford Consortium for Regenerative Medicine Facility scheduled for 2012 this 132,000sq ft buildiing is expected to cost nearly $93million dollars.
- Health Sciences and Biomedical Research Facility II scheduled for 2013 this 145,000sq ft buildiing is expected to cost nearly $180million dollars.
- Altman Clinical and Transitional Research Institute Building scheduled for 2015 this 330,000sq ft building is expected to cost nearly $269 million dollars.
- UC San Diego: Jacobs Medical Center scheduled for 2016 this 509,500sq ft building is expected to cost nearly $700 million dollars.