“We are proud to support California’s growing stem cell research and treatment infrastructure" said Broad Foundation President Gerun Riley.
This gift will allow continued support for the following areas:
- stem cell gene therapy,
- stem cell immunotherapy,
- cell replacement strategies and
- drug discovery.
- support technology development,
- nanomedicine to facilitate the development of less invasive therapies.
Life science professionals invited to network in the UCLA Research Marketplace
With 290 medical research centers and institutions, UCLA continues to be a pioneer and an innovator with its state-of-the-art research funding, facilities, and people. If you’d like to increase your lab sales, consider targeting the UCLA marketplace:
- 2017 Total R&D Expenditures: $1,076,917,000
2017 Life Science R&D Expenditures: $761,824,000
- 2017 Total R&D ranking: 12th
- 2018 NIH Funding: $408,733,609
- A $50 million philanthropic gift was awarded to the University of California, Los Angeles to support the five-year, $4.2 billion, fund raising Centennial Campaign.
UCLA's AIDS Malignancy Consortium, led by professor of medicine Ronald Mitsuyasu, received nearly $24 million in NIH funding in 2018 and over $136 million since 2006.
UCLA's AIDS Clinical Trials Group, led by professor of medicine Judith Currier, received $24.5 million in NIH funding in 2018 and over $483 million since 2006.
Have laboratory products for researchers? Click below