Do you have lab products that you want to market to life science researchers? Are you interested in meeting with hundreds of active researchers to sell your lab equipment? If you answered yes to either of these questions, consider attending the 2015 39th Semiannual Biotechnology Vendor Showcase™ at the University of California San Diego in February!
Attending a Biotechnology Vendor Showcase™ at UCSD gives YOU the chance to meet with nearly 500 active life science researchers in need of new lab equipment to help with their work. The event is located on campus, as close to the research labs as possible, making it convenient for the researchers to take a break from their work to come visit the show and discover the best and newest products and technologies that will help move their work forward.
Exhibitors meet with researchers at the 38th semiannual Biotechnology Vendor Showcase™ event in San Diego to demonstrate their lab equipment.
UC San Diego is a thriving research market that receives millions of dollars of funding annually to assist with ongoing research and help start new projects:
- In the 2012 fiscal year, UCSD ranked 12th in the amount of life science R&D expenditures with $624,881,000.
- UCSD ranked 8th with $362,004,733 in NIH funding received in the 2013 fiscal year.
- In 2013, UCSD broke ground on the $269 million, 350,000 square foot Altman Clinical and Translational Research Institute Building, which is expected to be completed in 2016.
- UCSD School of Medicine Division of Rheumatology, Allergy and Immunology was named a key site in a national, multi-institution, multi-year $41.6 million program to speed drug discovery, development, diagnostics and therapies for patients with autoimmune disorders, primarily rheumatoid arthritis (RA) and lupus erythematosus.
Science supply companies market their lab products at a vendor show in San Diego.
The 38th semiannual event in Spring of 2014 had 447 attendees! Of those, 175 were professors, post docs and purchasing agents, and 63 were lab managers. The balance were research associates and postgraduate students.
Exhibitors at the 2014 Spring and Winter events were very successful in finding new leads interested in the equipment they supply:
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE UCSD SCIENCE MARKET
- A company selling a product that costs anywhere from $69,000 to $135,000 reported making 4 quality leads. If each of those leads purchases 1 product 1 time, they have the ability to bring in anywhere from $276,000 to $540,000!
- One company in attendance reported that of the 150 people who visited their both, 20 were quality leads. People who buy their $400 product generally buy 4 products at a time, 3-4 times a year. That's a potential of anywhere from $96,000 to $128,000 if all 20 of those leads come through.
- A company that reported 30 quality leads had a product that costs $100 each, and customers buy 2-3 products 2-3 times a year. Anywhere from $12,000 to $27,000 could be brought in from those leads.
- "This was an excellent show!!! There were a ton of researchers and I was able to get a ton of leads!! I will be back next time!!"
- "I really enjoyed the diversity of equipment and demos available at this vendor show. Everyone was very friendly and I will definitely recommend this show to fellow staff and lab personnel."
- "Very well organized show."
Some happy scientists show off their new shirts from a biotech showcase event.
Exhibitors at this event not only get a prime opportunity to find new life science sales leads, but they also receive a free lunch and have the chance to win prizes for completing a survey at the end of the show. If you're looking for a fun, professional, and active event in which to market your life science lab products, look no further than the 2015 Biotechnology Vendor Showcase™ at UCSD this coming February. View more pictures from the 2014 San Diego event and visit #scienceninja to see what fun is waiting for you at the 2015 event. If you are interested in helping researchers find the best new products to use in their work, visit the links below: