UC San Diego Ranked 3rd Among U.S. Public Universities in High-Quality Research (more)
The University of California San Diego ranked 3rd among public research universities in the United States in this year’s annual ranking of high-quality scientific research papers by the journal Nature.
“The faculty and the quality of their research are the lifeblood of research universities,” said UC San Diego Chancellor Pradeep K. Khosla. “Our position in this global ranking speaks volumes about the exceptional quality of the research conducted at UC San Diego, as well as the exceptional talents of our faculty and other researchers on campus.”
Other global top universities include...
- Harvard University,
- Stanford University and the
- Massachusetts Institutes of Technology
- University of Tokyo,
- UC Berkeley,
- University of Cambridge,
- University of Oxford,
- China’s Peking University, the
- Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Zurich,
- China’s Tsinghua University
- University of Michigan,
Coming this summer : Meet with Researchers at UCSD Event
Biotechnology Vendor Showcase™ Event
at UC San Diego
August 23, 2018
UCSD Funding Stats
2016 Life Science R & D Expenditures: 16th Ranked = $650,484,000.
- UC San Diego recently opened the new, $269 million, Altman Clinical and Translational Research Institute. The institute received a $52 million renewal on their initial NIH grant.
- UCSD researchers were awarded a five year, $30 million grant from the NIH under its new 4D Nucleome Program to explore the role of DNA inside the nucleus in 4 dimensions.
- The University of California, San Diego received $20 million in funding over a 5-year term from the National Cancer Institute to continue research focused on understanding the pathology of chronic lymphocytic leukemia.
- “The Biotechnology show at UCSD provided a wealth of opportunities for brand awareness and business development. The staff and environment both exceeded my expectations, and I felt very supported. We had high hopes for this show and they were met. It was refreshing to engage so many prospects that directly relate to our products and services”
Network with active San Diego researchers by joining us at our semi-annual UCSD life science events, register for a high visibility location today.
Looking for lab product sales events in other areas?