Los Angeles is home to some of the world’s foremost medical researchers, and is a leading hub for biotechnology and biomedical research. Life science professionals from all over the world come to Los Angeles - especially the University of California, Los Angeles - to collaborate, exchange ideas, and investigate new technologies.
So, what makes UCLA such an excellent venue for life science research?
- UCLA receives over $1 billion in research funding on a yearly basis.
- UCLA has over 290 medical research centers and distinctive institutes, and employs some of the leading life science researchers in the world.
- UCLA receives regular support from the National Institutes of Health, including $364 million in FY 2014.
- UCLA benefits from a unique wealth of funding both public and private, which results in hundreds of patents annually, and some of the best medical and life science research in the world.
Most recent funding stats include:
With and established history of huge research budgets and annual r&d expenditures, it’s no surprise that vendors consider the life science marketplace at the University of California, Los Angeles as a unique opportunity in the industry.
That’s why Biotechnology Calendar, Inc. will be hosting the Semiannual Biotechnology Vendor Showcase™ event on campus at UCLA on April 28th, 2016 and again on October 20th, 2016.
Last year, the Biotechnology Vendor Showcase™ Events at the University of California, Los Angeles attracted a total of 1105 attendees between both events. Of these attendees, 287 were purchasing agents, professors and post docs, and 141 were lab managers. These attendees came from 39 different research buildings and 66 on-campus departments.
Network with attendees from labs and research facilities at UCLA, including:
- Research at the David Geffen School of Medicine
- Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior
- School of Dentistry Research
- Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center Research
- School of Nursing Research
- Fielding School of Public Health Research
- Henry Samueli School of Engineering and Applied Science
- UCLA AIDS Institute
…and other world-renowned research centers and institutions.
Early registration for our University of California, Los Angeles life science marketing event is now available to lab suppliers – making selling lab equipment in Los Angeles even easier and more economical. Get the most marketing value for your dollar with the perfect opportunity to increase brand recognition and lab sales leads in an easy, affordable way.
To participate in the $1 billion annual research marketplace at UCLA, plan on attending the Semiannual Biotechnology Vendor Showcase™ events on April 28th and October 20th, 2016. For more information, click below: