With 290 medical research centers and distinctive institutes, the University of California, Los Angeles is a powerhouse research university employing some of the leading life science researchers in the world. UCLA was ranked 12th in the world by the Academic Ranking of World Universities in 2013 for academic performance. What’s more, the U.S. News & World Report ranked UCLA’s David Geffen School of Medicine at #13 for Primary Care and #12 for Research compared with other schools in the United States. With this powerful reputation, the University of California, Los Angeles offers a promising marketplace for lab suppliers working to market their biotech solutions and increase lab sales.
Perhaps you are a lab supplier with a long history of doing business with UCLA life science researchers, or maybe you are brand new to the market. Regardless of your time investment, increasing lab sales at the University of California, Los Angeles is as easy as taking advantage of Biotechnology Calendar, Inc.’s well-established connections at the university and exhibiting at the upcoming UCLA event. Why should you focus on this marketplace? Consider these funding statistics for the University of California, Los Angeles:
- UCLA receives $1 billion in research funding per year.
- In August 2014 alone, UCLA received $108 million in research funding.
- Thus far in FY 2014-2015, UCLA’s basic biomedical sciences have received 22 awards totaling $4.8 million.
- $263.4 million has been awarded to UCLA thus far for FY 2014-2015.
- As of September, the National Institutes of Health has given UCLA $318.9 million in funding for 2014.
- The National Science Foundation awarded UCLA $69 million in 2013.