When you hear the city name "Athens," do you think of ancient Greece, or do you think of a sleepy college town in Northern Georgia? For life science researchers, the name "Athens" brings to mind the well-funded, highly-influential research institution - University of Georgia, Athens.
The University of Georgia in Athens. (Image courtesy of Wikimedia Commons)
As the oldest and largest university in Georgia, the University of Georgia, Athens is a thriving research marketplace that regularly produces high-level research results and publishes invaluable research papers. Life science researchers at UGA study a wide range of disciplines ranging from Biology to Chemistry to Animal and Veterinary Sciences.
Private and public foundations and institutions help support Athens research by awarding millions of dollars annually to help fund researchers, lab projects, and help construct new research buildings on campus. In the 2014 fiscal year, UGA researchers received more than $45 million in lab funding from the NIH, and UGA had a total of over $215 million in life science R&D expenditures in 2012.
Biotechnology Calendar, Inc. produces an annual BioResearch Product Faire™ at UGA that gives lab supply companies the opportunity to meet face-to-face with life science researchers directly on the UGA campus.
Instead of walking door-to-door to research labs and risking getting ignored by researchers who are too busy to speak with you, this UGA event brings different lab suppliers and researchers together in one place. The researchers who attend are there because they want to see what new products and technologies are available to them. They are an engaged and active audience interested in seeing what you have to offer.
The 16th Annual BioResearch Product Faire™ Event at UGA on march 4, 2015 gives sales reps the opportunity to:
- Discuss, display, and promote their lab products with researchers interested in finding new supplies to use in their labs.
- Answer questions about and showcase products to encourage researchers to consider using these in their labs.
- Network with researchers, lab managers, and purchasing agents in the Athens marketplace.
- Discover new sales leads and set up follow-up meetings with these leads.
- Recruit new research staff and team members from graduate and post-doc students studying at UGA.
Athens researchers learn about new lab equipment at the UGA BioResearch Product Faire™ Event in 2014.
At the 2014 15th Annual BioResearch Product Faire™ Event, 152 researchers, lab managers, purchasing agents, post-docs, and research associates attended. Of these 152 attendees, nearly 27% were decision makers. These researchers came from 30 research departments and 26 on-campus research buildings.
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE ATHENS RESEARCH MARKETPLACE:
Life science departments that were represented at the event included:
- Agriculture and Environmental Sciences
- Animal and Dairy Sciences
- Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- Cellular Biology
- Crop and Soil Sciences
- Forest Resources
- Infectious Disease
- Marine Sciences
- Pharmacology and Biomedical Sciences
- Plant Biology and Pathology
- Veterinary Medicine
Lab supply companies at past events have reported significant numbers of sales leads and closed sales from attending BRPF™ Events in Athens:
- Last year a vendor reported connecting with 5 high quality leads for a product that costs $5,000 and is purchased 1-2 times a year (A potential of $25,000 - $50,000 in sales).
- Another lab supplier reported gathering 25 high quality leads for a $3,000 product that is purchased in about 12 times a year (A potential of $900,000 in sales).
Sales reps tips resulting from contacts at this event for newcomers to the Georgia research marketplace:
- "Have at least 2 people in your booth."
- "Bring lots of samples."
- "Put away your cell phone."
These vendors are also quick to compliment our on site show staff:
- "Eager and qualified attendees! Great show."
- "This show was great."
- "Well done, good booth traffic."
Happy researchers learn about new products at the 2014 15th Annual BioResearch Product Faire™ Event.
Are you a lab supplier interested in meeting with over 150 researchers at the 16th Annual BioResearch Product Faire™ Event happening on March 4, 2015? Visit the link below to learn participating in this renowned marketing event at the University of Georgia, Athens :
While in Georgia, why not make the most of your time and money, and meet with the most researchers by bundling events together? We invite you to also consider participating in the 16th Annual BioResearch Product Faire™ Event at Emory University in Atlanta on March 5, 2015, following the Athens event.
Researchers in Athens are invited to visit the link below to learn more about attending this event and to pre-register for the event to save time before the show.