After a productive day meeting some of the nation’s top life science researchers at the 1st Annual BioResearch Product Faire™ Front Line Event at Rutgers University, it might be nice to just relax back in your room.
However, if you’re still itching for a little excitement or just a bite to eat, you might like to head out and see what Piscataway has to offer.
For your pre- or post-event pleasure, we’ve compiled a list of fun, relaxing, and even tasty things to do in Piscataway, (when you aren’t busy selling at one of the east coast’s premier research facilities, of course.)
7 Things to Do While in Piscataway:
- Take a step back in time by visiting the Cornelius Low House. Built in 1741, this Georgian manor is a beautifully restored national historical landmark and houses the Cornelius Low House/Middlesex County Museum. For the more adventurous, the house is also rumored to be haunted by a “kitchen ghost”.
- While you’re at it, continue your trip through time by stopping off at the East Jersey Olde Towne Village - a collection of original, replicated and reconstructed 18th and 19th century structures. Enjoy free exhibitions, hands-on workshops, and tours that teach the history and tradition of the region.
- Feed the geese at beautiful Johnson Park, or take a stroll through the Johnson Park Zoo. Both are situated right on the banks of the Raritan River and are free to enjoy, but you can buy food for the animals for $1 at the concession stand.
- Take in a show at the George Street Playhouse, a short 8 minute ride from the event. Showing on May 8 at 8pm is "Ernest Shackleton Loves Me", a musical featuring time travel, video game music, and an Antarctic expedition.
- Get your caffeine fix via a craft-brewed coffee or espresso from OQ Coffee in nearby Highland Park. You may need the energy in order to be at the top of your game for the best and brightest researchers at this premier event.
- Visit the R U Hungry food truck near the Rutgers campus in New Brunswick for some of the craziest sandwiches in existence- Check out the best-selling Fat Darrell sandwich (chicken fingers, mozzarella sticks, French fries and marinara sauce), and take on the “Fat Sandwich Challenge”.
- For a sit-down option, try out some of the other great restaurants in Piscataway and nearby New Brunswick or Edison. (*Pro tip: For an especially productive end to your day, offer to treat your best lead to a meal at Catherine Lombardi for an upscale experience.)
Now that you know what you’re going to do in your free time in Piscataway, NJ, it’s time to make arrangements to promote your products.
Lab vendors interested in meeting hundreds of active and well-funded researchers from Rutgers University will be attending the 1st Annual BioResearch Product Faire™ Front Line Event on May 8, 2015.
For more information about promoting your products directly to researchers at this premier event, click below:
For a full schedule of 215 Biotechnology Calendar, Inc. events, click here: