Oregon Health and Science University is the largest life science market in the state spending over $286M last year. Last year, the university opened the new $295M Collaborative Life Science Building, which brings together researchers from Oregon Health & Science University, Oregon State University and Portland State University. It is anticipated that approximately 3,000 life science professionals per day use this new facility.
Funding Stats from Oregon Health and Science University:
- 2014 Life Science R & D Expenditures: $286,399,000
- 2015 NIH Funding: $197,474,824
- Nike Chairman Phil Knight has pledged $500M for cancer research as part of a challenge grant that OHSU successfully met. Oregon Health and Science University now has $1 billion to dedicate towards a project focused on early detection of lethal cancers.
- The university received gifts totaling $25M to develop new detection and treatment methods for pancreatic cancer.
- The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation has given OHSU $25M in AIDS vaccine research funding, along with a $3M grant that will aid OHSU research efforts on discovering a viable tuberculosis vaccine.
Oregon Health and Science University BioResearch Product Faire™ Event – 8/18/16
Call Biotechnology Calendar, Inc. today if you would like one to reserve one of the 3 remaining spaces and help us put the best life science solutions and resources in the hands of these researchers!
For researchers interested in attending the trade fair event:
For lab and chemical supply companies interested in exhibiting: