UIC Researchers Find Laboratory Supplies at Life Science Vendor Fair
The University of Illinois, Chicago
is one of the top schools in the nation and home to the largest medical school in the United States. During the 2010 fiscal year, UIC reached over $300 Million in research expenditures.
[Photo of UIC campus courtesy of UIC website]
One of the most successful UIC laboratory science market events is going to take place on campus in less than 5 weeks. The BioResearch Product Faire™ Event at the University of Illinois, Chicago will happen on May 12th, and is expected to draw in over 375 pre-qualified registrants seeking new laboratory supplies to help with their life science research programs.
Last year, this on-campus vendor fair at UIC attracted 473 researchers actively seeking lab supplies and solutions to their research challenges. The attending audience included 137 professors and post docs and 46 lab managers, as well as UIC research associates and top tier postgraduate students. Below are some statistics from the exhibitors' 2010 surveys:
- Exhibitors reported they had an average of 72 researchers view their products and demonstrations.
- Exhibitors reported an average of 26 researchers showing a high level of interest in their products (excellent leads).
- Attending exhibitors reported an average laboratory product value of $8,570.
The 2010 vendor fair had participants from multiple departments across campus seeking new laboratory supplies and services. The departments that had the most active researcher interest in new research products and laboratory supplies included:
- Department of Anatomy & Cell Biology - 34 participants
- Department of Biochemistry - 40 participants
- Department of Bioengineering - 13 participants
- Department of Biopharmaceutical Sciences - 17 participants
- Department of Medicinal Chemistry - 17 participants
- Department of Medicine - 67 participant
- Department of Microbiology and Immunology - 45 participants
- Department of Molecular Biology - 16 participants
- Department of Pathology - 18 participants
- Department of Pharmacology - 48 participants
- Department of Physiology & Biophysics - 16 participants
On May 12, 2011, researchers are welcome to attend and laboratory supply and science companies have the opportunity to exhibit at the 12th Annual BioResearch Product Faire™ Vendor Show on campus at the University of Illinois, Chicago.