Lab suppliers are invited to increase visibility and product sales with this life science marking event created specifically to help scientific lab suppliers to meet with life science researchers at the University of Pittsburgh.
Lab suppliers with new, time saving technologies, are invited to meet with UPitt researchers on June 13th at the University of Pittsburgh BioResearch Product Faire™ lab product sourcing event. Over 400 active life science researchers seeking better solutions for their research challenges are expected to attend this annual event.
- UPitt had $889 million in total research expenditures in fiscal year 2011.
- Read more about UPitt funding here:
- See recent Science Market News here:
Join these researchers at the:
U Pitt boasts the following research marketplace stats:
- NSF 2010 Ranking: 5th (total R&D expenditures in life sciences) =$699,640,000
- NIH 2011 Ranking: 6th (Direct plus indirect costs but excluding R & D contracts and ARRA awards) = $416,264,345 
Program Highlights include:
- $13.3 million in funding from the NIH's Heart, Lung and Blood Institute (NHLBI) for a 5-year heart device study with researchers at the University of Michigan (see blog article)
- a five-year $7.2 million grant from the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases to develop microbicides against HIV transmission
- a 5 year, $6.24 million grant from the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke to develop treatments for brain tumors.
- two five year grants totaling more than $5 million from the National Institutes of Health for organ and tissue cell replacement research.
- a five year $3.54 million grant from the Wallace H. Coulter Foundation to develop improvements in health care, with the goal of introducing of new technologies into patient care.
LEED certified facilities:
University of Pittsburgh's McGowan Institute for Regenerative Medicine Laboratory Building recieved the gold LEED rating from the U.S. Green Building Council. It is 1 of 96 buildings nationwide to achieve such a high standard in terms of sustainability.
Read more about UPitt, event , funding, and exhibiting here: