In fiscal year 2012, the University of Colorado, Boulder received more than $380 million in sponsored research projects to be used across multiple industries, including natural and physical sciences, space sciences, social sciences, and engineering.
- NIH 2011 Funding: (Direct & indirect costs but excluding R & D contracts and ARRA awards) = $41,105,534
- UC Boulder has recently opened the $160 million Jennie Smoly Caruthers Biotechnology Building to allow researchers and students from different disciplines to collaborate on new studies.
The Boulder BioResearch Product Faire™ Event in 2012 attracted 190 interested, university researchers and scientists. Each exhibitor had an average of, 29 researchers visit their booths. On average, participating exhibitors had 8 excellent leads that they planned to follow up on immediately. The average product value for exhibitors at this event was $15,000.
11 research institutes at The University of Colorado, Boulder:
- Alliance for Technology, Learning, & Society
- Biofrontiers Institute
- Cooperative Institute for Research in Environmental Sciences
- Institute for Behavioral Genetics
- Institute of Arctic & Alpine Research
- Institute of Behavioral Science
- Institute of Cognitive Science
- Laboratory for Atmospheric & Space Physics
- Renewable & Sustainable Energy Institute
- University of Colorado Museum of Natural History
(Photo Courtesy of Wikimedia Commons and Igna Munsinger Cotton)
Also at UC Boulder, are more than 90 separate research centers, including
- Center for Neuroscience
- Center for Pharmaceutical Biotechnology
- Clinical Translational Research Center
- DARPA Center on Nanoscale Science & Technology for Integrated Micro/Nano-Electromechanical Transducers
- Center for Integrated Plasma Studies
The Biotechnology Initiative developed under the 2030 Flagship strategic plan, is searching for the knowledge and skill-sets of professionals to assist in research focused on the needs of society.
Subscribe to our Science Market Update and keep up with news and information about the University of Colorado, Boulder:
Researchers and exhibitors are invited to join us on Wednesday, June 19th, 2013, at the University of Colorado, Boulder, where we will be hosting Biotechnology Calendar, Inc.’s 15th Annual BioResearch Product Faire™.