As a result of these tough times, lab equipment and lab supply companies are facing a highly competitive and limited pool of deep research pockets. Therefore, it makes sense to work as efficiently and competitively as possible with the sales resources available. This means that it's important to look critically at every process to determine where your efforts are most effective.
Using science conventions and trade shows as a platform to brand/sell laboratory and research supplies can be an effective strategy to maximize your sales reps' limited time and increase the overall efficiency of the sales cycle.
The most significant advantages of using this strategy include:
- Saving time over cold calling
- Accessing science researchers for in-person discussions
- Showcasing your company and products at top science markets
- Demonstrating your products and services from your exhibition space
- Establishing a local presence and building your brand in the targeted science community
- Cost effective multi service packages available in each market
Biotechnology Calendar offers a wide range of trade shows across the nation. See the list of 2012 Science Trade Shows.
Read our Science Market Update, which features daily reports on funding news regarding the top universities' science markets.