Biotechnology Calendar, Inc. selects a winner of our Five Star Program at the end of every event we organize who we believe demonstrated superb marketing and salesmanship skills in working to sell lab equipment and life science products. Our Five Star Winners bring large crowds to their booth and do an excellent job communicating their product’s message, all while staying until the very end of the show. Five Star Winners communicate well with attendees, create and attractive display, conduct interesting demonstrations and keep a professional demeanor throughout the shows.
Each Five Star Winner receives a framed certificate, a post on our website with their company’s logo and a link to their company’s website, an e-mail sent out to all of our vendors announcing their award, and a blog article highlighting their brilliant performance working to sell lab equipment and market their life science products. Five Star Winners can tell their colleagues, supervisors, family and friends about their outstanding work at the life science marketing events at which they exhibited. Their award is proof of their superb salesmanship. Exhibitors who win Five Star Awards at more than one of our life science marketing events are put in a better position in the running to be selected as the overall Five Star Winner at the end of the year. The overall winner will receive a bigger prize, which we will announce here on our website and blog.
Some of the criteria we keep in mind when selecting Five Star Winners include:
- Sales professionalism
- Start-to-finish interactive presence
- Popularity with researcher attendees
- Friendly approach and eye contact
- Effective, attractive table displays
- Accessible, engaging booth staff
When selecting the best sales representatives at our life science marketing events, Biotechnology Calendar, Inc. looks for people who are friendly and approachable, are outgoing in talking to attendees, and take an educational approach to informing potential customers about products. Customers who feel as though they learned about life science products rather than sat through a sales pitch designed to sell lab equipment will be more likely to purchase a product. They will also trust a salesperson who helped them find a missing product as it relates to their research, tailored to their needs specifically, to deliver quality care even after they’ve purchased a product.
Great sales reps get to know who their customers are and what their product needs are by asking tons of questions. These reps know not only what their clients need now, but what their clients’ future product needs based on the information they collect. What’s more, the best sales reps know who their competition is and how their products and services compare because they know the industry backwards to forwards, inside and out. (To keep up to date with research and industry news, see our Science Market Update). After a sale, a sales rep should also follow up with customers. The first sale is only the beginning of a relationship with the client.
Biotechnology Calendar, Inc. is thrilled to announce the Five Star Winners of our Northeast region life science marketing events so far this year. Click here to see a full list of our 2013 Northeast region life science marketing events. Congratulations to the winners for your outstanding salesmanship and outgoing marketing working to sell lab equipment and market life science products!
- Angelo Diminico of Thermo Fischer Scientific - Barnstead at the BioResearch Product Faire™ Event at Longwood Medical on 2/21/13
- Matt Irwin of Electron Microscopy Sciences at the BioResearch Product Faire™ Event at Mount Sinai School of Medicine on 3/27/13
- Andrew Berry of Sarstedt at the BioResearch Product Faire™ Event at Rockefeller University on 3/28/13
- Michael Bady, Robyn Seto, Greg Brandis, and David Williams of Eppendorf at the Front Line™ Event at Thomas Jefferson University on 5/15/13
- Tina Bayer of Enzo Life Sciences, Inc. at the BioResearch Product Faire™ Event at the University of Pennsylvania on 5/16/13
- Murph Hanna and Ryan Phillips of Eppendorf at the BioResearch Product Faire™ Event at the University of Pittsburgh on 6/13/13
Congratulations, and we hope to see you again soon!